The sensitive among you will have felt tossed about by life for the last couple of months… or even most of the year. Well, its about to kick up a gear. Its Super Moon Season – there’s three coming in October, November and peaking in December.
So what is a Super Moon? Technically it is when the moon is closest and brightest to earth. According to NASA, when the moon is so close to us “Its looming proximity makes the moon appear 14 percent larger and 30 percent brighter in the sky than a typical full moon.”
Energetically it can bring the sensitivity, global craziness and anger that has come up for many this year to a head. This is actually not to annoy you – but to give you the opportunity to release and get rid of held long held anger, beliefs and patterns.
So how do you do that?
- Be flexible with yourself and your plans when your energy is sensitive. Avoid forcing yourself to do things if you can.
- However – don’t avoid the negative feelings that come up.
- Recognise your negativity or anger – ask it why its there and determine where you are feeling it in your body.
- Acknowledge the anger – try not judge or justify it.
- Release that anger using deep breaths while imagining a bright warm light washing through you and shifting the anger. Keep breathing through the discomfort.
- Do this as many times as you need to – if you think its a bigger job than you can handle – enlist help or support to work through it.
So what’s the up side of these Super Moons?
Astrologically speaking, the October super moon will occur when the moon is in Aries. This brings about a very active, enthusiastic, and outgoing type of energy. If you harness the super moon shift and embrace it in a positive light, then good changes will come your way.
So basically now is the best time for you to set your intention for any life changes you wish to bring about and release any old negativity or anger that’s been holding you back.
Be clear about what you would like your life to be like (write some goals and outlines) and on Sunday evening – just perform a little ritual to align yourself to those goals. This doesn’t have to be complicated, it can be as simple as standing under the moon and saying clearly – out loud – or in your head – how you are going to use this Super Moon energy to create the life you want. Here is a basic guideline (feel free to amend to suit you):
- Write your goals and intentions for the life you want.
- Be clear.
- Be concise
- Use positive language and don’t mention what you don’t want. Just the good stuff.
- Decide to release anything that holds you back
- Then go for it. Sing it. Shout it. Hold a piece of paper. Think it. Whisper it. Chant it. Dance in a circle holding your favourite crystal, rock or pet. But be clear – you are entering an agreement via this intention to move towards the life you want.
- Then start taking action towards it wherever you feel guided to.
Be careful not to just ‘wish’ for it. You need to do the work, but you can use this energy to make it happen more easily and faster than before. Where often you kept hitting obstacles and challenges, this time things will go more smoothly – so try it out and see.
The proof will be in the outcomes – yes? 😊.
Much love and super moon energy to you all. 💚